Many prepared foods and other products prevent optimal heat transfer because of their consistency. For example, food containing large particles, viscous, sticky and crystalline products can quickly block or foul certain types of heat exchangers.
Scraped surface heat exchangers incorporate special design features which make them ideal for heating and cooling products that impair good heat transfer. As the product is pumped through the SSHE cylinder, even temperature distribution is ensured by a rotor and blade assembly, which continually and gently blends the product, while simultaneously removing it from the heat transfer surface.
The Terlotherm is a vertical scraped surface heat exchanger with two concentric heat exchange surfaces to provide optimum heat transfer.
- Manufacturer: GEA Terlet
- Model: Terlotherm Delta 450
- Serial Number: 99.2008.2
- Function: Scraped surface heat exchanger
- Capacity: 132 Litres
- Year of manufacture: 2000
- Max working temperature:150 degC
- Max working jacket pressure: 4 bar
- Max working inner vessel pressure: 5 bar
- Heating Medium: Steam
- See ‘Technical Doc’ link for further details
- Footprint:1.4 m2
- Height:247 cms
- Weight:750 kgs
Country of Manufacture
Download Technical Doc